Four RPF Jawans suspended for assaulting priest
Rourkela: Four RPF personnel at Bandamunda Railway station were on Friday suspended for alleged involvement in the assault of a temple priest here.
RPF sources said the personnel had assaulted the priest Madan Mohan Panda (80) after he protested when they consumed liquor and had non-vegetarian food inside the temple premises on Sunday.
The priest was seriously injured and the locals had protested against the highhandedness of the RPF by resorting to a rasta roko agitation.
The priest reported the matter to the GRP, Bandamunda.
The matter was investigated by Inspector, GRP, Sudhir Kumar who submitted the report indicting the RPF personnel to the higher authorities following which the suspension orders were issued, GRP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital