Four RPF Jawans suspended for assaulting priest
Rourkela: Four RPF personnel at Bandamunda Railway station were on Friday suspended for alleged involvement in the assault of a temple priest here.
RPF sources said the personnel had assaulted the priest Madan Mohan Panda (80) after he protested when they consumed liquor and had non-vegetarian food inside the temple premises on Sunday.
The priest was seriously injured and the locals had protested against the highhandedness of the RPF by resorting to a rasta roko agitation.
The priest reported the matter to the GRP, Bandamunda.
The matter was investigated by Inspector, GRP, Sudhir Kumar who submitted the report indicting the RPF personnel to the higher authorities following which the suspension orders were issued, GRP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!