Four RPF Jawans suspended for assaulting priest
Rourkela: Four RPF personnel at Bandamunda Railway station were on Friday suspended for alleged involvement in the assault of a temple priest here.
RPF sources said the personnel had assaulted the priest Madan Mohan Panda (80) after he protested when they consumed liquor and had non-vegetarian food inside the temple premises on Sunday.
The priest was seriously injured and the locals had protested against the highhandedness of the RPF by resorting to a rasta roko agitation.
The priest reported the matter to the GRP, Bandamunda.
The matter was investigated by Inspector, GRP, Sudhir Kumar who submitted the report indicting the RPF personnel to the higher authorities following which the suspension orders were issued, GRP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!