Fresh gunbattle between Maoists and security forces
Koraput: A fresh gunbattle erupted between security forces and Maoists in Orissa`s Koraput district on Sunday with casualties likely from the rebel camp.
Police said today that a joint team of Orissa police, BSF and the Greyhound force from Andhra Pradesh engaged the ultras in a fierce encounter at Gumandi forest at Podapadar in the Narayanpatna police area, about 100 kms from here, they said.
"Chances of casualties from the Maoist side are high, though we are yet to recover anybody after the intense gunbattle that took place since last night," Koraput District
Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
However, there are indications of a couple of bodies having been dragged from the site of the encounter by the ultras while fleeing, he said. A massive combing operation
was underway in the forest, he added.
Some kits and other articles were also found at the encounter site.
An exact picture would be available after the securitymen return from the spot, Sahoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog