Fresh gunbattle between Maoists and security forces
Koraput: A fresh gunbattle erupted between security forces and Maoists in Orissa`s Koraput district on Sunday with casualties likely from the rebel camp.
Police said today that a joint team of Orissa police, BSF and the Greyhound force from Andhra Pradesh engaged the ultras in a fierce encounter at Gumandi forest at Podapadar in the Narayanpatna police area, about 100 kms from here, they said.
"Chances of casualties from the Maoist side are high, though we are yet to recover anybody after the intense gunbattle that took place since last night," Koraput District
Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
However, there are indications of a couple of bodies having been dragged from the site of the encounter by the ultras while fleeing, he said. A massive combing operation
was underway in the forest, he added.
Some kits and other articles were also found at the encounter site.
An exact picture would be available after the securitymen return from the spot, Sahoo said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'