Gangster hired to kill me: BJD MLA Mohapatra
Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra Wednesday alleged that a gangster has been hired by one of his party MLAs to kill him.
"A Kolkata-based gangster Sunil Dutta has been engaged by an MLA of our party. I will not disclose the name of the MLA. I will tell everything to the chief minister," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Stating that he had already informed the matter to the police, Mohapatra said the group of six persons had already said in public that they would "eliminate me".
"I feel threat to my life as six people are roaming in the state carrying my photograph," he said.
Mohapatra further alleged that "about 50 musclemen were roaming near my residence at Saheed Nagar last night. We could go to sleep at about 3 am after police drove them away".
On the reason behind he being the target of the "conspirator", Mohapatra said the group wanted to eliminate him in order to target the chief minister.
"There is a group of conspirators wanting to fulfil their interest by creating difference between me and chief minister," Mohapatra said adding he had been working hard to safeguard the interest of both the chief minister and the regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees