Gangster hired to kill me: BJD MLA Mohapatra
Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra Wednesday alleged that a gangster has been hired by one of his party MLAs to kill him.
"A Kolkata-based gangster Sunil Dutta has been engaged by an MLA of our party. I will not disclose the name of the MLA. I will tell everything to the chief minister," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Stating that he had already informed the matter to the police, Mohapatra said the group of six persons had already said in public that they would "eliminate me".
"I feel threat to my life as six people are roaming in the state carrying my photograph," he said.
Mohapatra further alleged that "about 50 musclemen were roaming near my residence at Saheed Nagar last night. We could go to sleep at about 3 am after police drove them away".
On the reason behind he being the target of the "conspirator", Mohapatra said the group wanted to eliminate him in order to target the chief minister.
"There is a group of conspirators wanting to fulfil their interest by creating difference between me and chief minister," Mohapatra said adding he had been working hard to safeguard the interest of both the chief minister and the regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Merkel 'firmly' rejects reversing refugee policy after attacks
- Delhi government schools to hold first-ever parents-teachers meeting
- Faircent acclaimed ‘Interbrand Breakthrough Brand in Finance’ by Interbrand
- No concrete evidence on missing AN-32, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Confirmed: Apple iPhone 7 pre-orders to start September 9