Gangster hired to kill me: BJD MLA Mohapatra
Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra Wednesday alleged that a gangster has been hired by one of his party MLAs to kill him.
"A Kolkata-based gangster Sunil Dutta has been engaged by an MLA of our party. I will not disclose the name of the MLA. I will tell everything to the chief minister," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Stating that he had already informed the matter to the police, Mohapatra said the group of six persons had already said in public that they would "eliminate me".
"I feel threat to my life as six people are roaming in the state carrying my photograph," he said.
Mohapatra further alleged that "about 50 musclemen were roaming near my residence at Saheed Nagar last night. We could go to sleep at about 3 am after police drove them away".
On the reason behind he being the target of the "conspirator", Mohapatra said the group wanted to eliminate him in order to target the chief minister.
"There is a group of conspirators wanting to fulfil their interest by creating difference between me and chief minister," Mohapatra said adding he had been working hard to safeguard the interest of both the chief minister and the regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister