Girl student found dead under mysterious conditions
Cuttack (Odisha): Semi-burnt body of a girl student of Ravenshaw University was recovered from her house in Badambadi locality here, police said on Thursday.
The body of Pragyan Routray (22), a final year B.Sc student of Information Science and Technology (IST) department of Ravenshaw University, was recovered yesterday.
It had 60 per cent burn injuries all over with blood oozing out from mouth and nose.
The girl was alone at her house in Mahaveer Lane when the incident took place as her mother, a school teacher had gone to work and her father had gone to a nearby temple.
While police was yet to ascertain the cause of the death, family members ruled out any suicide theory claiming it was a pre-planned murder.
The doors and main gate of the house were found open as family members believed that someone from outside must have entered the house and tried to dispose off the body after killing the girl.
A kerosene jar was spotted near the body, police said, adding an adult could not die on the spot with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list