Girl student found dead under mysterious conditions
Cuttack (Odisha): Semi-burnt body of a girl student of Ravenshaw University was recovered from her house in Badambadi locality here, police said on Thursday.
The body of Pragyan Routray (22), a final year B.Sc student of Information Science and Technology (IST) department of Ravenshaw University, was recovered yesterday.
It had 60 per cent burn injuries all over with blood oozing out from mouth and nose.
The girl was alone at her house in Mahaveer Lane when the incident took place as her mother, a school teacher had gone to work and her father had gone to a nearby temple.
While police was yet to ascertain the cause of the death, family members ruled out any suicide theory claiming it was a pre-planned murder.
The doors and main gate of the house were found open as family members believed that someone from outside must have entered the house and tried to dispose off the body after killing the girl.
A kerosene jar was spotted near the body, police said, adding an adult could not die on the spot with nearly 60 per cent burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss