Girls outshine boys in Sambalpur University exams
Sambalpur (Odisha): Girls have outshone boys with better marks in the plus three (BA/BSC/BCOM) final year examinations of the Sambalpur University in Odisha.
Girls had topped the university in 16 subjects as against three by the boys in the examinations results of which were declared on Friday.
The pass percentage in commerce with honours was highest at 91.63 per cent followed by 85.04 per cent in arts honours and 69.38 in science honours.
Similarly, pass rate without honours was 81.04 per cent for arts, 58.25 per cent for science and 68.09 per cent for commerce.
A total of 3,110 students out of 3,692 in arts honours had passed the final degree examination in the university of them 237 in first division.
Altogether 7,637 of the 9,707 students without honours had passed the examination 125 them with distinction.
In science stream, 886 of the 1286 students passed with 270 of them in first division while 586 of the 1012 students without honours had cleared the examination 51 of them with distinction.
In commerce honours, 383 of 421 students passed the exam with 73 in first division. In non honours category, 862 of 1272 students had passed the examination, 111 of them with distinction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere