Girls outshine boys in Sambalpur University exams
Sambalpur (Odisha): Girls have outshone boys with better marks in the plus three (BA/BSC/BCOM) final year examinations of the Sambalpur University in Odisha.
Girls had topped the university in 16 subjects as against three by the boys in the examinations results of which were declared on Friday.
The pass percentage in commerce with honours was highest at 91.63 per cent followed by 85.04 per cent in arts honours and 69.38 in science honours.
Similarly, pass rate without honours was 81.04 per cent for arts, 58.25 per cent for science and 68.09 per cent for commerce.
A total of 3,110 students out of 3,692 in arts honours had passed the final degree examination in the university of them 237 in first division.
Altogether 7,637 of the 9,707 students without honours had passed the examination 125 them with distinction.
In science stream, 886 of the 1286 students passed with 270 of them in first division while 586 of the 1012 students without honours had cleared the examination 51 of them with distinction.
In commerce honours, 383 of 421 students passed the exam with 73 in first division. In non honours category, 862 of 1272 students had passed the examination, 111 of them with distinction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt