Give free treatment to BPL patients, Odisha asks p
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Saturday said it would sign agreements with corporate and private hospitals in the state to provide BPL patients free treatment in such medical facilities.
"Big hospitals are asked to provide free treatment to patients belonging to BPL families," Health Minister Prasanna Acharya told reporters after a meeting with the authorities of private hospitals.
They would have to accommodate 25 per cent poor patients in outdoor and 10 per cent in indoor, he said.
"The state government will soon sign agreements with corporate and private hospitals on this and a specific guideline would be served to all such hospitals," he said.
The guidelines would be applicable to hospitals irrespective of whether they availed government land to set up the hospital or not, Acharya said.
"The hospitals which would violate the terms and conditions would lose their referral status and certain benefits from the state," the minister said.
Those who represented private and corporate hospitals in the meeting said they would comment only after getting the government guidelines.
The cost of treatment of BPL patients would be covered under Rastriya Swasthya Bima Yojana and the state government`s treatment funds, a health department official said.
The BPL patients would get free treatment in such hospitals only if they were referred by government doctors, the official said, adding hospitals were asked not to go for "unnecessary" pathological tests to raise the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'