Gokul Chandra Pati likely to be new Odisha chief secretary
Bhubaneswar: Senior IAS officer Gokul Chandra Pati is likely to take over as the new chief secretary of Odisha with the Union government allowing his return to the state cadre.
Pati, who worked as the Secretary Defence Production in the Ministry of Defence, has been allowed to return to his cadre in Odisha by the Department of Personnel and Training, official sources said here on Tuesday.
Earlier, Odisha Chief Secretary JK Mohapatra had quit his post on July 25 after being appointed as the fertiliser secretary in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertiliser.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow Pati to return to his State Cadre as he wanted his services as next Chief Secretary of the state, sources said.
They said Pati is likely to take new charge on August 1.
The 1978 batch IAS, Pati has earlier served the state government in various capacities including Secretary of Rural Development and Industries.
However, Pati was on central deputation since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri