Gokul Chandra Pati likely to be new Odisha chief secretary
Bhubaneswar: Senior IAS officer Gokul Chandra Pati is likely to take over as the new chief secretary of Odisha with the Union government allowing his return to the state cadre.
Pati, who worked as the Secretary Defence Production in the Ministry of Defence, has been allowed to return to his cadre in Odisha by the Department of Personnel and Training, official sources said here on Tuesday.
Earlier, Odisha Chief Secretary JK Mohapatra had quit his post on July 25 after being appointed as the fertiliser secretary in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertiliser.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow Pati to return to his State Cadre as he wanted his services as next Chief Secretary of the state, sources said.
They said Pati is likely to take new charge on August 1.
The 1978 batch IAS, Pati has earlier served the state government in various capacities including Secretary of Rural Development and Industries.
However, Pati was on central deputation since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'