Gokul Chandra Pati likely to be new Odisha chief secretary
Bhubaneswar: Senior IAS officer Gokul Chandra Pati is likely to take over as the new chief secretary of Odisha with the Union government allowing his return to the state cadre.
Pati, who worked as the Secretary Defence Production in the Ministry of Defence, has been allowed to return to his cadre in Odisha by the Department of Personnel and Training, official sources said here on Tuesday.
Earlier, Odisha Chief Secretary JK Mohapatra had quit his post on July 25 after being appointed as the fertiliser secretary in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertiliser.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow Pati to return to his State Cadre as he wanted his services as next Chief Secretary of the state, sources said.
They said Pati is likely to take new charge on August 1.
The 1978 batch IAS, Pati has earlier served the state government in various capacities including Secretary of Rural Development and Industries.
However, Pati was on central deputation since 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city