Goods bogie of Ahmedabad-Howrah Exp derails
Rourkela: Rail traffic was affected following derailment of a goods bogie of Ahmedabad-Howrah Express near Sonakhan station on Rourkela-Rajgangpur section of South-Eastern Railway on Sunday, railway sources said.
There were no injuries as the bogie, attached on rear of the long distance down train, got derailed, Pratap Swain, sub-divisional police officer, GRP, said.
"No one was injured following the incident nor any damage caused to other compartments of the train," he said.
The bogie was detached and the train was allowed to proceed after some time, he said.
One track was now functioning and efforts were on to restore traffic on the other one soon, he said adding generally during day time there was less movement of passenger trains on the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender