Goods bogie of Ahmedabad-Howrah Exp derails
Rourkela: Rail traffic was affected following derailment of a goods bogie of Ahmedabad-Howrah Express near Sonakhan station on Rourkela-Rajgangpur section of South-Eastern Railway on Sunday, railway sources said.
There were no injuries as the bogie, attached on rear of the long distance down train, got derailed, Pratap Swain, sub-divisional police officer, GRP, said.
"No one was injured following the incident nor any damage caused to other compartments of the train," he said.
The bogie was detached and the train was allowed to proceed after some time, he said.
One track was now functioning and efforts were on to restore traffic on the other one soon, he said adding generally during day time there was less movement of passenger trains on the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars