Goods train derails, train movement hit in Koraput
Koraput: A goods train derailed in Odisha`s Koraput district early Thursday, disrupting train services on the route.
Five rice-laden wagons of the train, proceeding from Hirakud to Jeypore, jumped off the tracks at Chatriput, about 25 km from here in the wee hours, railway officials said.
While the Bhubaneswar-Sambalpur Hirakhand Express and Kirandul-Visakhapatnam Passenger were cancelled for the day, some other trains were diverted in the wake of the derailment, they said.
Efforts were on to clear the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing