Goods trains collide in Orissa, 1 killed
Bhubaneswar: Two goods trains collided in
Orissa`s Keonjhar district in the wee hours today, leaving one
person dead and four others seriously injured.
The mishap took place at Tangiripali between Keonjhar and
Banspani when an iron ore-laden freight train was proceeding
from Nayagarh to Waltier and an empty goods train was coming
from the opposite direction, railway officials said.
While one person was killed, four others have been
admitted to a nearby hospital where their condition was stated
to be serious, they said, adding there were five persons
including drivers in both the trains.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot and
efforts were on for resumption of normal railway traffic.
Following the mishap, Inter-City express trains between
Puri and Banspani have been cancelled, a senior official of
East Coast Railway (ECoR) said, adding there was very little
impact on rail traffic as the route is mostly used for goods
trains to carry minerals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS