Goods trains collide in Orissa, 1 killed
Bhubaneswar: Two goods trains collided in
Orissa`s Keonjhar district in the wee hours today, leaving one
person dead and four others seriously injured.
The mishap took place at Tangiripali between Keonjhar and
Banspani when an iron ore-laden freight train was proceeding
from Nayagarh to Waltier and an empty goods train was coming
from the opposite direction, railway officials said.
While one person was killed, four others have been
admitted to a nearby hospital where their condition was stated
to be serious, they said, adding there were five persons
including drivers in both the trains.
Senior railway officials have rushed to the spot and
efforts were on for resumption of normal railway traffic.
Following the mishap, Inter-City express trains between
Puri and Banspani have been cancelled, a senior official of
East Coast Railway (ECoR) said, adding there was very little
impact on rail traffic as the route is mostly used for goods
trains to carry minerals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad