Governor calls education to be made broad-based
Berhampur (Odisha): Strongly favouring inclusive and equitable higher education in the country, Odisha Governor SC Jamir has sought concrete steps to make it broad-based and remove disparities.
"It calls for conscious efforts to ensure achievement in higher education doesn`t suffer from disparities across region, gender and social groups. Access to higher education will have to be broad-based, so that it can foster among students constant motivating to learn and to develop not only academic abilities, but also practical skills," he said while speaking at a function here yesterday.
Jamir said the institutions of higher learning must impart skill-based education and create a distinct identity in the international arena. The must produce new knowledge and undertake teaching and research activities in order to balance with need and demand," he said.
"The new challenges before the country is to become a developed society, for which it needs vibrant economics and also a knowledge based society," he said and added in the changed scenario emerging challenges like globalisation, privatisation, quality and competitiveness had become major challenges for higher education.
The Governor also called for a change of the mindset of the men towards the women folk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred