Govt asks Justice Pal panel to submit report in two months
Cuttack: The Odisha Government has requested Justice CR Pal Commission of Inquiry to submit its report within two months.
Justice Pal Commission was set up in 2008 to probe into the demands of setting up permanent benches of Orissa High Court in south and western Odisha and was asked to submit its report within six months.
The tenure of the commission has since been extended ten times, each for six months and the last time it was extended in June this year. As per the last extension, the tenure of the Commission is now fixed till December 2013.
However, looking at the recent strikes and administrative paralysis in Western Odisha leading to boycott of urban local body elections in nine districts, the government has asked the commission to submit its report by the end of October this year.
The commission had earlier expressed its displeasure over the compilation of the report as it was not getting adequate support and materials in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview