Govt asks Justice Pal panel to submit report in two months
Cuttack: The Odisha Government has requested Justice CR Pal Commission of Inquiry to submit its report within two months.
Justice Pal Commission was set up in 2008 to probe into the demands of setting up permanent benches of Orissa High Court in south and western Odisha and was asked to submit its report within six months.
The tenure of the commission has since been extended ten times, each for six months and the last time it was extended in June this year. As per the last extension, the tenure of the Commission is now fixed till December 2013.
However, looking at the recent strikes and administrative paralysis in Western Odisha leading to boycott of urban local body elections in nine districts, the government has asked the commission to submit its report by the end of October this year.
The commission had earlier expressed its displeasure over the compilation of the report as it was not getting adequate support and materials in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout