Govt asks Justice Pal panel to submit report in two months
Cuttack: The Odisha Government has requested Justice CR Pal Commission of Inquiry to submit its report within two months.
Justice Pal Commission was set up in 2008 to probe into the demands of setting up permanent benches of Orissa High Court in south and western Odisha and was asked to submit its report within six months.
The tenure of the commission has since been extended ten times, each for six months and the last time it was extended in June this year. As per the last extension, the tenure of the Commission is now fixed till December 2013.
However, looking at the recent strikes and administrative paralysis in Western Odisha leading to boycott of urban local body elections in nine districts, the government has asked the commission to submit its report by the end of October this year.
The commission had earlier expressed its displeasure over the compilation of the report as it was not getting adequate support and materials in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad