Govt sets deadline for removal of debris in Odisha
Berhampur: The government has set December 10 as deadline for removal of debris from the cyclone-ravaged villages of Ganjam district in Odisha.
The district administration has asked block development officers (BDO) to execute the work by engaging labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS).
"We have submitted the guidelines for execution of the work and asked BDOs to follow the guidelines of labour engagement for the purpose. The work should be completed by December 10," said project director, District Rural Development Agency, (DRDA) Prem Chandra Choudhury.
The district administration has also asked the BDOs to ensure disposal of the debris away from the villages, sources said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why