Govt sets deadline for removal of debris in Odisha
Berhampur: The government has set December 10 as deadline for removal of debris from the cyclone-ravaged villages of Ganjam district in Odisha.
The district administration has asked block development officers (BDO) to execute the work by engaging labourers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS).
"We have submitted the guidelines for execution of the work and asked BDOs to follow the guidelines of labour engagement for the purpose. The work should be completed by December 10," said project director, District Rural Development Agency, (DRDA) Prem Chandra Choudhury.
The district administration has also asked the BDOs to ensure disposal of the debris away from the villages, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video