Govt steps in to bailout BSE in Matric exam mess
Cuttack: Yielding to the request made by
Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha government has
directed all the district collectors and superintendents of
police (SPs) to extend requisite help to ensure that the
rescheduled matriculation examinations for Regular students
are held without any further hiccups from April 17.
The government has passed necessary orders to the
civil administration at district level to help the Board
officials in storing, distribution and transportation of
question papers to different examination centers safely for
the ensuing examinations which was suspended on March 21 last
after missing of questions from a center, BSE secretary
N R Mohapatra said here.
The government has also appointed 11 coordinators in
as many districts along with the 19 existing Circle Inspectors
(CIs) to act as Nodal Officers in each of the 30 districts to
coordinate in setting of Nodal centers in all the districts
which would take care of the questions on each day till the
examinations are over on April 26, Mohapatra said.
Meanwhile, BSE has also formed a 10-member monitoring
committee which would review progress of the examination on
a daily basis and make recommendations for improving the
system if any. Mohapatra would head the high-level committee
while other officials of the Board are its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble