Govt tenders apology before Orissa High Court
Cuttack: The Orissa government has
tendered an unconditional apology before the High Court here for being unable to comply with its order over providing drinking water facilities in anganwadi centres in May.
S N Tripathy, Principal Secretary in Rural Development
Department, in an affidavit filed in the court yesterday said
only 1,316 tubewells could be dug by the stipulated deadline
of June 30.
The government attributed the onset of monsoon as the
reason for not being able to meet the deadline and tendered an
unconditional apology as the court in its last order had
warned of action against erring officials.
Earlier, the court after expressing displeasure over
the issue had asked the government to ensure that drinking
water facilities were available in all 8000-odd anganwadi
It had also directed the government to go for e-tender
and take the help of any agency to dig bore wells in anganwadi
centers located in both government and private accommodations.
A Division bench comprising of Chief Justice V Goplala
Gowda and Justice B N Mohapatra had passed the order on a PIL
that is being adjudicated by the court for the last four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...