Gujarat: Lecturer attempts suicide after rape, 2 teachers arrested
Mehsana (Gujarat): A woman lecturer who was
allegedly gangraped by three teachers in Kadi taluka of the
district, attempted suicide by consuming poison and is still
in an unconscious state, police said.
Police arrested two teachers Ketan Thakar and Dinesh
Patel for the alleged gang rape of the woman while the third
accused Mukesh Patel is absconding, they said.
The 25-year-old lecturer is still in an unconscious
condition in a hospital here after consuming poison at the
Kalol state transport bus depot yesterday, police said, adding
her condition is stable.
The victim, in her suicide note, said she was gangraped
by three teachers of government primary school for a few
months. The victim`s father had lodged a complaint at Kadi
police station in this regard.
She alleged in her suicide note that Mukesh Patel, a
primary school teacher in Narsinhpura village of Kadi, Dinesh
Patel, a teacher at Sachana village and Ketan Thakar, a
teacher at Bhankoda village primary school, had gangraped her,
The victim said the accused clicked her photographs in
compromising position and used to blackmail her, they said.
"Police are waiting for her recovery to record her
statement," Deputy Superintendent of police F S Pathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report