Hardcore Maoist arrested in Odisha
Rourkela: Police on Saturday arrested a hardcore armed Maoist cadre from the Saranda forest in Odisha`s Sundargarh district during combing operation.
The Maoist was identified as Ram Gagrai(23), alias Chotu. He hails from the Jareikela area of Jharkhand under West Singhbhum district, the police said adding that Chotu is an active armed cadre of the outlawed outfit.
He was allegedly involved in the murder of Kandri Lohar, the former lady Maoist cadre who had surrendered before Sundergarh police in 2006 and was leading a civilian life.
Kandri was employed as a home guard in Sundergarh police district. She was murdered along with her four-year-old son on February 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested