Hardcore Maoist arrested in Odisha
Rourkela: Police on Saturday arrested a hardcore armed Maoist cadre from the Saranda forest in Odisha`s Sundargarh district during combing operation.
The Maoist was identified as Ram Gagrai(23), alias Chotu. He hails from the Jareikela area of Jharkhand under West Singhbhum district, the police said adding that Chotu is an active armed cadre of the outlawed outfit.
He was allegedly involved in the murder of Kandri Lohar, the former lady Maoist cadre who had surrendered before Sundergarh police in 2006 and was leading a civilian life.
Kandri was employed as a home guard in Sundergarh police district. She was murdered along with her four-year-old son on February 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days