Hardcore Maoist arrested in Odisha
Rourkela: Police on Saturday arrested a hardcore armed Maoist cadre from the Saranda forest in Odisha`s Sundargarh district during combing operation.
The Maoist was identified as Ram Gagrai(23), alias Chotu. He hails from the Jareikela area of Jharkhand under West Singhbhum district, the police said adding that Chotu is an active armed cadre of the outlawed outfit.
He was allegedly involved in the murder of Kandri Lohar, the former lady Maoist cadre who had surrendered before Sundergarh police in 2006 and was leading a civilian life.
Kandri was employed as a home guard in Sundergarh police district. She was murdered along with her four-year-old son on February 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption