Hardcore Maoist arrested in Odisha
Rourkela: Police on Saturday arrested a hardcore armed Maoist cadre from the Saranda forest in Odisha`s Sundargarh district during combing operation.
The Maoist was identified as Ram Gagrai(23), alias Chotu. He hails from the Jareikela area of Jharkhand under West Singhbhum district, the police said adding that Chotu is an active armed cadre of the outlawed outfit.
He was allegedly involved in the murder of Kandri Lohar, the former lady Maoist cadre who had surrendered before Sundergarh police in 2006 and was leading a civilian life.
Kandri was employed as a home guard in Sundergarh police district. She was murdered along with her four-year-old son on February 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan