Hazare to embark on Odisha tour
Bhubaneswar: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare is schduled to embark upon his three-day maiden visit to Odisha from Thursday.
Hazare, who had demanded for a strong Jan Lokpal bill, would be accorded a warm welcome by social workers, voluntary organisations, intellectuals and youths on his arrival here tomorrow afternoon.
"The visit is significant as Anna Hazare is coming to Odisha for the first time. It will strengthen the anti- corruption movement in the state," said Akshyay Kumar, member of the National Coordination Committee of India Against Corruption (IAC).
Soon after arrival here, Hazare would be taken in a massive motor-cycle rally through the main streets of the state capital, he said.
Besides addressing the volunteers of IAC, the Gandhian leader would interact with students of a private engineering college in the state capital tomorrow evening, he said.
On the second day of his Odisha visit, Hazare would join a farmers` meet at Jagatsinghpur on November 30 aimed at intensifying the struggle for peasants` rights over water, land and forest, Kumar said.
Before winding up his visit on December 1, Hazare is slated to interact with students of different schools, volunteers and distinguished citizens here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'