HC admits writ challenging Orissa FM`s election
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has
admitted writ petitions challenging the election of Finance
Minister Prafulla Chandra Ghadei from Sukinda constituency and
an Independent candidate from Champua in 2009 assembly polls.
Hearing the maintainability of the writs jointly, a
single-judge bench of Justice R N Biswal yesterday admitted
the petitions pertaining to Sukinda and Champua seats, and
rejected the same for Dhenkanal.
The elections of Ghadei of BJD from Sukinda in Jajpur
district, Independent legislator Jitu Patnaik from Champua in
Keonjhar district and Navin Nanda of NCP from Dhenkanal
constituencies were challenged in the court by the respective
losing candidates in separate petitions.
Senior Congress leader Sarat Rout had lost to Ghadei,
while Sanatan Mahakud, also of Congress, was defeated by mines
owner Patnaik from Champua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them