HC admits writ challenging Orissa FM`s election
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has
admitted writ petitions challenging the election of Finance
Minister Prafulla Chandra Ghadei from Sukinda constituency and
an Independent candidate from Champua in 2009 assembly polls.
Hearing the maintainability of the writs jointly, a
single-judge bench of Justice R N Biswal yesterday admitted
the petitions pertaining to Sukinda and Champua seats, and
rejected the same for Dhenkanal.
The elections of Ghadei of BJD from Sukinda in Jajpur
district, Independent legislator Jitu Patnaik from Champua in
Keonjhar district and Navin Nanda of NCP from Dhenkanal
constituencies were challenged in the court by the respective
losing candidates in separate petitions.
Senior Congress leader Sarat Rout had lost to Ghadei,
while Sanatan Mahakud, also of Congress, was defeated by mines
owner Patnaik from Champua.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living