HC admits writ challenging Orissa FM`s election
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has
admitted writ petitions challenging the election of Finance
Minister Prafulla Chandra Ghadei from Sukinda constituency and
an Independent candidate from Champua in 2009 assembly polls.
Hearing the maintainability of the writs jointly, a
single-judge bench of Justice R N Biswal yesterday admitted
the petitions pertaining to Sukinda and Champua seats, and
rejected the same for Dhenkanal.
The elections of Ghadei of BJD from Sukinda in Jajpur
district, Independent legislator Jitu Patnaik from Champua in
Keonjhar district and Navin Nanda of NCP from Dhenkanal
constituencies were challenged in the court by the respective
losing candidates in separate petitions.
Senior Congress leader Sarat Rout had lost to Ghadei,
while Sanatan Mahakud, also of Congress, was defeated by mines
owner Patnaik from Champua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL