HC admits writ challenging Orissa FM`s election
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has
admitted writ petitions challenging the election of Finance
Minister Prafulla Chandra Ghadei from Sukinda constituency and
an Independent candidate from Champua in 2009 assembly polls.
Hearing the maintainability of the writs jointly, a
single-judge bench of Justice R N Biswal yesterday admitted
the petitions pertaining to Sukinda and Champua seats, and
rejected the same for Dhenkanal.
The elections of Ghadei of BJD from Sukinda in Jajpur
district, Independent legislator Jitu Patnaik from Champua in
Keonjhar district and Navin Nanda of NCP from Dhenkanal
constituencies were challenged in the court by the respective
losing candidates in separate petitions.
Senior Congress leader Sarat Rout had lost to Ghadei,
while Sanatan Mahakud, also of Congress, was defeated by mines
owner Patnaik from Champua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment