HC concludes hearing of Balasore chit fund case
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has completed hearing on the maintainability of a writ petition filed by All India Networks Welfare Trust seeking return of its members invested amount in the multi-level marketing companies run by a Bollywood film-maker who is the alleged kingpin in the Rs 500 crore Balasore chit fund case.
The Division Bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice B N Mohapatra adjudicating over the writ for last three months reserved its verdict to be delivered at a later date after all parties completed their argument yesterday.
The petitioner had submitted a list of some 6500 persons who had invested money in film-maker Nasser Khan’s Kanpur-based Company Fine Indsales Pvt Ltd.
Nasser along with seven of his directors has already surrendered their passports in the Court as directed.
During one of his personal appearances in the court, Naseer had assured that he would cooperate with the Odisha crime branch police who are investigating the Balasore chit fund case.
The investigating police have already frozen bank accounts of Nasser’s companies showing deposits of over Rs 191 crore. Apart from the 6500 investors, at least two lakh investors from Balasore district have also deposited Rs 1000 crore in these companies. Some of them have made easy money after investigating in these companies, the petition said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended