HC grants bail to BJP legislator Manoj Pradhan
Cuttack: The jailed BJP MLA from G Udayagiri Assembly constituency in Kandhamal, Manoj Pradhan was on Monday granted bail by Orissa High Court.
Single judge bench of Justice (Mrs) Aruna Suresh granted bail to the jailed legislator who was behind the bars since early September after he was convicted by a lower court
in Phulabani district under section 304 (2) of IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Pradhan was sentenced to undergo six years of rigorous imprisonment (RI) by a local fast track court for his alleged involvement in the murder of a youth Bikram Pradhan during
August 2008 Kandhamal communal riots.
The legislator was slapped a fine of Rs 15000 on two counts by the court.
Allowing the bail application of the petitioner, the Honourable High Court directed the legislator to deposit the fine amount in the lower court. The lower court was also asked to release the petitioner on bail after collecting the fine amount, said the legislators counsel PK Parhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you