HC issues notice to govt on hospital diktat on media
Cuttack: Admitting a PIL questioning the restrictions on mediapersons in entering the campus of SCB Medical College and Hospital, Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government and two others asking them to state what measures were taken to disseminate news originating from the hospital.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice C Nagappan and Justice Indrajit Moahnti yesterday issued the notices to the state health secretary, RDC of central division and to the hospital superintendent seeking reply within two weeks.
The hospital superintendent on June 28 had issued a circular stating that henceforth the representatives of both electronics and print media shall be allowed to enter the hospital only after obtaining permission from him.
Challenging the circular, an advocate had moved the PIL alleging that the hospital diktat was unconstitutional.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video