HC issues notice to govt on hospital diktat on media
Cuttack: Admitting a PIL questioning the restrictions on mediapersons in entering the campus of SCB Medical College and Hospital, Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government and two others asking them to state what measures were taken to disseminate news originating from the hospital.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice C Nagappan and Justice Indrajit Moahnti yesterday issued the notices to the state health secretary, RDC of central division and to the hospital superintendent seeking reply within two weeks.
The hospital superintendent on June 28 had issued a circular stating that henceforth the representatives of both electronics and print media shall be allowed to enter the hospital only after obtaining permission from him.
Challenging the circular, an advocate had moved the PIL alleging that the hospital diktat was unconstitutional.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray