HC issues notice to govt on Nayagarh mishap
Cuttack: Expressing serious concern over the Nayagarh Anganwadi mishap in which seven children died due to wall collapse last week, the Orissa High Court while taking up at least two PILs on the incident issued notices to the state government to file counters within a week.
Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra taking up the petitions, filed by social activist and advocate Prabir Das and another city-based voluntary organisation, observed yesterday that the matter was very serious and ordered that notices be issued to the respondents immediately.
The respondents in the writs include the state chief secretary, secretaries of Women and Child Development and School and Mass Education, Nayagarh Collector, SP and DSWO, CDPO of Ranapur and the local police inspector.
Das in his petition had prayed for criminal proceedings against all the government officials for whose alleged negligence the mishap took place killing seven innocent children.
He had also urged the High Court to direct the state government to order an impartial enquiry into the incident and identify the erring officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola