HC issues notice to Odisha govt on SCPCR
Cuttack (Odisha): Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government on a PIL demanding that the government has not appointed more members to SCPCR.
Taking up the PIL yesterday, a division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra issued notices to the State government asking it to file counters within two weeks.
Secretaries of Law department and Women and Child Development department have been made respondents in the case.
"SCPCR formed as per a Central government Act of 2005 has not been able to perform its bona fide duties yet for the State government has not appointed any other member to this multi-member panel," alleged the PIL filed by a social activist.
Even as Odisha government had appointed Saraswati Hembram, a senior Congress leader and a former minister as the Chairperson of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in September 2010, a full-fledged panel is yet to see the light of the day, the PIL alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets