HC issues notice to Odisha govt on SCPCR
Cuttack (Odisha): Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government on a PIL demanding that the government has not appointed more members to SCPCR.
Taking up the PIL yesterday, a division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra issued notices to the State government asking it to file counters within two weeks.
Secretaries of Law department and Women and Child Development department have been made respondents in the case.
"SCPCR formed as per a Central government Act of 2005 has not been able to perform its bona fide duties yet for the State government has not appointed any other member to this multi-member panel," alleged the PIL filed by a social activist.
Even as Odisha government had appointed Saraswati Hembram, a senior Congress leader and a former minister as the Chairperson of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in September 2010, a full-fledged panel is yet to see the light of the day, the PIL alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days