HC issues notice to Odisha govt on SCPCR
Cuttack (Odisha): Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government on a PIL demanding that the government has not appointed more members to SCPCR.
Taking up the PIL yesterday, a division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra issued notices to the State government asking it to file counters within two weeks.
Secretaries of Law department and Women and Child Development department have been made respondents in the case.
"SCPCR formed as per a Central government Act of 2005 has not been able to perform its bona fide duties yet for the State government has not appointed any other member to this multi-member panel," alleged the PIL filed by a social activist.
Even as Odisha government had appointed Saraswati Hembram, a senior Congress leader and a former minister as the Chairperson of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in September 2010, a full-fledged panel is yet to see the light of the day, the PIL alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi