HC issues notice to Odisha govt on SCPCR
Cuttack (Odisha): Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government on a PIL demanding that the government has not appointed more members to SCPCR.
Taking up the PIL yesterday, a division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra issued notices to the State government asking it to file counters within two weeks.
Secretaries of Law department and Women and Child Development department have been made respondents in the case.
"SCPCR formed as per a Central government Act of 2005 has not been able to perform its bona fide duties yet for the State government has not appointed any other member to this multi-member panel," alleged the PIL filed by a social activist.
Even as Odisha government had appointed Saraswati Hembram, a senior Congress leader and a former minister as the Chairperson of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in September 2010, a full-fledged panel is yet to see the light of the day, the PIL alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know