HC issues notice to Odisha govt on SCPCR
Cuttack (Odisha): Orissa High Court has issued notices to the state government on a PIL demanding that the government has not appointed more members to SCPCR.
Taking up the PIL yesterday, a division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and Justice S K Mishra issued notices to the State government asking it to file counters within two weeks.
Secretaries of Law department and Women and Child Development department have been made respondents in the case.
"SCPCR formed as per a Central government Act of 2005 has not been able to perform its bona fide duties yet for the State government has not appointed any other member to this multi-member panel," alleged the PIL filed by a social activist.
Even as Odisha government had appointed Saraswati Hembram, a senior Congress leader and a former minister as the Chairperson of State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) in September 2010, a full-fledged panel is yet to see the light of the day, the PIL alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents