HC mega Lok Adalat settles 1644 cases on a day
Cuttack: A High Court-level mega Lok Adalat here disposed a total 1644 cases, including 45 motor accidents claims, and awarded over Rs 65 lakh as compensation to different claimants.
At least ten judges of Orissa High Court conducted the mega Lok Adalat yesterday before which 2676 contempt cases, 352 motor accident claim cases, seven land acquisition cases and 75 other miscellaneous cases were listed for disposal.
Justices BP Das, L Mohapatra, P Mohanty, MM Das, Kumari Sanju Panda, BN Mohapatra, SC Parija, BK Nayak, SK Mishra and B K Mishra conducted the cases individually.
While at least 1564 contempt cases, mostly pertaining higher education department, 45 motor accident claim cases, 4 land acquisition cases and 31 other miscellaneous cases were disposed of on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players