HC mega Lok Adalat settles 1644 cases on a day
Cuttack: A High Court-level mega Lok Adalat here disposed a total 1644 cases, including 45 motor accidents claims, and awarded over Rs 65 lakh as compensation to different claimants.
At least ten judges of Orissa High Court conducted the mega Lok Adalat yesterday before which 2676 contempt cases, 352 motor accident claim cases, seven land acquisition cases and 75 other miscellaneous cases were listed for disposal.
Justices BP Das, L Mohapatra, P Mohanty, MM Das, Kumari Sanju Panda, BN Mohapatra, SC Parija, BK Nayak, SK Mishra and B K Mishra conducted the cases individually.
While at least 1564 contempt cases, mostly pertaining higher education department, 45 motor accident claim cases, 4 land acquisition cases and 31 other miscellaneous cases were disposed of on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video