HC mega Lok Adalat settles 1644 cases on a day
Cuttack: A High Court-level mega Lok Adalat here disposed a total 1644 cases, including 45 motor accidents claims, and awarded over Rs 65 lakh as compensation to different claimants.
At least ten judges of Orissa High Court conducted the mega Lok Adalat yesterday before which 2676 contempt cases, 352 motor accident claim cases, seven land acquisition cases and 75 other miscellaneous cases were listed for disposal.
Justices BP Das, L Mohapatra, P Mohanty, MM Das, Kumari Sanju Panda, BN Mohapatra, SC Parija, BK Nayak, SK Mishra and B K Mishra conducted the cases individually.
While at least 1564 contempt cases, mostly pertaining higher education department, 45 motor accident claim cases, 4 land acquisition cases and 31 other miscellaneous cases were disposed of on the day.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum