HC notice to govt on Pipili bomb attack

Last Updated: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 23:52

Cuttack: Odisha High Court on Friday issued
notices to the state government asking it to file counter
within a week in response to a writ petition of a lawyer, who
had filed an affidavit to the Mohanty Commision probing the
sensational rape case of a dalit, alleging police inaction
over an attack at his residence in Pipili.

Justice CR Dash wanted to know from the government as
to what action had been taken with regard to the bomb attack
on the residence of advocate Nishikant Mishra on the night of
March 25.

Asking the government to ensure that such incidents
are not repeated, the court asked the government to explain as
to why the local police had not registered the FIR of Mishra
till date, although the same was filed before the state DGP
and copies of which were sent to Puri SP and Pipili SDPO.

Mishra in his petition had alleged that at about 10.50
pm on March 25, at least 20 to 25 people coming in about 15
motorcycles along with a local MLA, hurled bombs at his house
located at Kamala Sagar Patna under Pipili police station.

"The attackers also threatened to smash my family if I
do not withdraw my affidavit from Justice PK Mohanty
Commission of Enquiry which is now probing the sensational
Pipili rape case," Mishra said in his petition adding that he
had told the Commission that Pipili police were habitual
offenders in not registering FIRs and heavily influenced by
the local ruling party leaders.

Mishra, in his petition has maintained that although
he telephoned the Pipili IIC, Pipili SDPO and Puri SP on the
night of the incident, nobody came to the rescue of his family
members who were under attack and threat for over an hour.

Even after filing the FIR before the DGP on the day
after, no police action was taken.

PTI



First Published: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 23:52

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus