HC notice to govt on Pipili bomb attack
Cuttack: Odisha High Court on Friday issued
notices to the state government asking it to file counter
within a week in response to a writ petition of a lawyer, who
had filed an affidavit to the Mohanty Commision probing the
sensational rape case of a dalit, alleging police inaction
over an attack at his residence in Pipili.
Justice CR Dash wanted to know from the government as
to what action had been taken with regard to the bomb attack
on the residence of advocate Nishikant Mishra on the night of
Asking the government to ensure that such incidents
are not repeated, the court asked the government to explain as
to why the local police had not registered the FIR of Mishra
till date, although the same was filed before the state DGP
and copies of which were sent to Puri SP and Pipili SDPO.
Mishra in his petition had alleged that at about 10.50
pm on March 25, at least 20 to 25 people coming in about 15
motorcycles along with a local MLA, hurled bombs at his house
located at Kamala Sagar Patna under Pipili police station.
"The attackers also threatened to smash my family if I
do not withdraw my affidavit from Justice PK Mohanty
Commission of Enquiry which is now probing the sensational
Pipili rape case," Mishra said in his petition adding that he
had told the Commission that Pipili police were habitual
offenders in not registering FIRs and heavily influenced by
the local ruling party leaders.
Mishra, in his petition has maintained that although
he telephoned the Pipili IIC, Pipili SDPO and Puri SP on the
night of the incident, nobody came to the rescue of his family
members who were under attack and threat for over an hour.
Even after filing the FIR before the DGP on the day
after, no police action was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack