HC orders for personal appearance of Odisha DGP
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has directed state DGP Prakash Mishra to appear before the court personally on April 24 with regard to complaints that the police cooperation is not coming forth during eviction drive launched by the district administration in the city.
A Division Bench of Justices M M Das and Indrajit Mahanti adjudicating over a PIL pertaining to the civic problems of Cuttack city yesterday ordered for a personal appearance of the DGP when the Bench was told that the police is not providing the requisite security to maintain law and order during eviction drives.
The high court, which also expresses concern over the poor roads, drains and sewerage conditions in the satellite city of Cuttack development Authority at Markat Nagar, decided that the Bench would personally go to Markat Nagar on Friday to take stock of the situation.
In another related matter, the Bench also directed the State health secretary to inform the Court in an affidavit detailing what steps have been taken by the government to fill up the vacant posts of assistant professors in SCB Medical College and Hospital and other government teaching hospitals.
According to sources, more than 400 teaching posts are now lying vacant in three government teaching hospitals of the State at Burla, Berhampur and here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?