HC orders for personal appearance of Odisha DGP
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has directed state DGP Prakash Mishra to appear before the court personally on April 24 with regard to complaints that the police cooperation is not coming forth during eviction drive launched by the district administration in the city.
A Division Bench of Justices M M Das and Indrajit Mahanti adjudicating over a PIL pertaining to the civic problems of Cuttack city yesterday ordered for a personal appearance of the DGP when the Bench was told that the police is not providing the requisite security to maintain law and order during eviction drives.
The high court, which also expresses concern over the poor roads, drains and sewerage conditions in the satellite city of Cuttack development Authority at Markat Nagar, decided that the Bench would personally go to Markat Nagar on Friday to take stock of the situation.
In another related matter, the Bench also directed the State health secretary to inform the Court in an affidavit detailing what steps have been taken by the government to fill up the vacant posts of assistant professors in SCB Medical College and Hospital and other government teaching hospitals.
According to sources, more than 400 teaching posts are now lying vacant in three government teaching hospitals of the State at Burla, Berhampur and here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray