HC reserves verdict on Nilachal power plant
Cuttack: Orissa High Court today concluded hearing of 16 petitions challenging the land acquisition process and environmental clearance of the proposed KVK Nilachal Power Plant in Athgarh sub-division of Cuttack district but reserved its verdict.
A division bench of Justices B N Mohapatra and Indrajit Mahanti reserved the verdict which will be pronounced on a later date which will decide the fate of the 1400 MW coal-based power plant.
The High Court in May 2012 after admitting the petitions had stayed the construction of the Rs 6,300 crore power plant earmarked to come up on over 900 acres at Kandarei village of Athgarh.
The court while rejecting a plea to modify its May 2012 order had suggested the company to approach the National Board of Wildlife to seek a relief on environment clearance.
But instead of approaching the Wildlife Board, the company had preferred to renew its prayer for vacating the stay order.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?