HC restrains state crime branch
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Thursday restrained the state crime branch police from arresting the owner and CMD of a company until further orders and directed the latter to cooperate with the sleuths in the meantime.
Taking up the anticipatory bail application of Seashore Group of Companies (SGC) CMD Prashant Dash, the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija posted the matter for hearing on September 4 until when the petitioner enjoys immunity from arrest without the advance bail.
The HC, however, asked Dash to appear before the IO in the case with relevant documents on the scheduled date of August 28 and cooperate in the investigations.
Dash had been charged with cheating, conspiracy and inducing investors of delivery of properties.
The HC also took up the anticipatory bail applications of four other directors of the company and granted similar relief with analogous directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users