HC restrains state crime branch
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Thursday restrained the state crime branch police from arresting the owner and CMD of a company until further orders and directed the latter to cooperate with the sleuths in the meantime.
Taking up the anticipatory bail application of Seashore Group of Companies (SGC) CMD Prashant Dash, the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija posted the matter for hearing on September 4 until when the petitioner enjoys immunity from arrest without the advance bail.
The HC, however, asked Dash to appear before the IO in the case with relevant documents on the scheduled date of August 28 and cooperate in the investigations.
Dash had been charged with cheating, conspiracy and inducing investors of delivery of properties.
The HC also took up the anticipatory bail applications of four other directors of the company and granted similar relief with analogous directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US