HC restrains state crime branch
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Thursday restrained the state crime branch police from arresting the owner and CMD of a company until further orders and directed the latter to cooperate with the sleuths in the meantime.
Taking up the anticipatory bail application of Seashore Group of Companies (SGC) CMD Prashant Dash, the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija posted the matter for hearing on September 4 until when the petitioner enjoys immunity from arrest without the advance bail.
The HC, however, asked Dash to appear before the IO in the case with relevant documents on the scheduled date of August 28 and cooperate in the investigations.
Dash had been charged with cheating, conspiracy and inducing investors of delivery of properties.
The HC also took up the anticipatory bail applications of four other directors of the company and granted similar relief with analogous directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak