HC restrains state crime branch
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Thursday restrained the state crime branch police from arresting the owner and CMD of a company until further orders and directed the latter to cooperate with the sleuths in the meantime.
Taking up the anticipatory bail application of Seashore Group of Companies (SGC) CMD Prashant Dash, the single judge bench of Justice S C Parija posted the matter for hearing on September 4 until when the petitioner enjoys immunity from arrest without the advance bail.
The HC, however, asked Dash to appear before the IO in the case with relevant documents on the scheduled date of August 28 and cooperate in the investigations.
Dash had been charged with cheating, conspiracy and inducing investors of delivery of properties.
The HC also took up the anticipatory bail applications of four other directors of the company and granted similar relief with analogous directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years