HC stays Angul DM’s notification on urban polls
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has slapped a stay on the recent notification issued by Angul district collector on delimitation and reservation of wards for the forthcoming municipal elections.
Admitting a writ petition challenging the collector?s notification, a vacation bench comprising Justices Indrajeet Mohanti and B K Nayak yesterday issued notices to the state government.
The respondents of the petition, including the state urban development secretary and Angul collector, have been asked to file their counters within four weeks.
Alleging that the reservation of wards has been done in an arbitrary manner, a voter of the locality namely Anupama Das had filed the writ petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region