HC stays Angul DM’s notification on urban polls
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has slapped a stay on the recent notification issued by Angul district collector on delimitation and reservation of wards for the forthcoming municipal elections.
Admitting a writ petition challenging the collector?s notification, a vacation bench comprising Justices Indrajeet Mohanti and B K Nayak yesterday issued notices to the state government.
The respondents of the petition, including the state urban development secretary and Angul collector, have been asked to file their counters within four weeks.
Alleging that the reservation of wards has been done in an arbitrary manner, a voter of the locality namely Anupama Das had filed the writ petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September