HC stays Angul DM’s notification on urban polls
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has slapped a stay on the recent notification issued by Angul district collector on delimitation and reservation of wards for the forthcoming municipal elections.
Admitting a writ petition challenging the collector?s notification, a vacation bench comprising Justices Indrajeet Mohanti and B K Nayak yesterday issued notices to the state government.
The respondents of the petition, including the state urban development secretary and Angul collector, have been asked to file their counters within four weeks.
Alleging that the reservation of wards has been done in an arbitrary manner, a voter of the locality namely Anupama Das had filed the writ petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok