Headmaster arrested for attempting to molest Class X girl
Berhampur (Odisha): The headmaster of a school in Odisha`s Ganjam district was arrested on Friday for allegedly attempting to molest a Class X girl.
Kameswara Mohanty, the headmaster of Basudev Government High School in Dhaugaon, has also been suspended by the district authorities after several villagers complained against him, sources said.
"We have arrested the headmaster and booked him under section 354 of the IPC. At least 12 villagers have lodged FIR against him," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Aska Sarah Sharma said.
The headmaster was put under suspension after a number of parents complained against him, district education officer (DEO) Santosh Kumar Patra said.
A number of villagers yesterday staged a demonstration demanding action against the headmaster. They blocked road, gheraoed the school and detained Mohanty for hours.
The 57-year-old headmaster allegedly tried to molest a Class X girl student on the campus on Thursday and was caught by some parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!