Headmaster arrested for attempting to molest Class X girl
Berhampur (Odisha): The headmaster of a school in Odisha`s Ganjam district was arrested on Friday for allegedly attempting to molest a Class X girl.
Kameswara Mohanty, the headmaster of Basudev Government High School in Dhaugaon, has also been suspended by the district authorities after several villagers complained against him, sources said.
"We have arrested the headmaster and booked him under section 354 of the IPC. At least 12 villagers have lodged FIR against him," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Aska Sarah Sharma said.
The headmaster was put under suspension after a number of parents complained against him, district education officer (DEO) Santosh Kumar Patra said.
A number of villagers yesterday staged a demonstration demanding action against the headmaster. They blocked road, gheraoed the school and detained Mohanty for hours.
The 57-year-old headmaster allegedly tried to molest a Class X girl student on the campus on Thursday and was caught by some parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex