Headmaster sacked on rape charge in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The government on Friday dismissed a
headmaster, accused of raping tribal inmates of a girls hostel
in Nabarangpur district of Orissa, after the matter triggered
public outcry and rocked the state assembly.
Official sources said District Collector Roopa Mishra
signed the dismissal order against Pradipta Kumar Sahu,
headmaster of a Sevashram at Badaamda under Kosagumuda block,
after a case was lodged against the teacher. This is said to
be the first instance of dismissal of a government servant
under such charge.
Sahu was one of the four accused persons of the Sevashram
who allegedly raped four girls of the hostel by taking
advantage of his official position.
The accused headmaster was dismissed under Article 311 (2)
second provision (b) of the constitution read with sub rule
(ii) of Rule-18 of Orissa Civil Service (Classification,
Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962.
The incident, which came to light on March 2, was now
being probed by the crime branch of police.
The issue rocked the state assembly with members cutting
across party lines demanding dismissal of the headmaster. The
attention of Congress president Sonia Gandhi was also drawn to
Keeping in view the public sentiments, the collector
dismissed Sahu, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!