Headmaster suspended for alleged molestation
Kendrapara: Headmaster of a government-run primary school in Odisha`s Kendrapara district has been placed under suspension on charge of allegedly molesting a girl student, officials said on Thursday.
Prafulla Kumar Swain, headmaster of Bodhgaon upper primary school under Pattamundai police limit was suspended after he was found guilty of committing the offence, an official of school and mass education department said.
The accused headmaster had allegedly misbehaved with the 8th standard girl student on March 2. Though the matter was brought to the notice of local police through an FIR, the accused had gone unpunished.
Inaction on part of authorities concerned had forced the locals to take to agitation. Angry villagers, guardians and parents had demonstrated in front of the collectorate demanding stringent action against the errant headmaster.
“As the matter was brought to my notice, the administration apprised the school and mass education department higher ups of the purported incident. Later a joint inquiry has conducted to ascertain the veracity of the charges. The guilty teacher was suspended on the basis of probe findings,” Kendrapara Collector Durga Prasad Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest