Headmaster suspended for alleged molestation
Kendrapara: Headmaster of a government-run primary school in Odisha`s Kendrapara district has been placed under suspension on charge of allegedly molesting a girl student, officials said on Thursday.
Prafulla Kumar Swain, headmaster of Bodhgaon upper primary school under Pattamundai police limit was suspended after he was found guilty of committing the offence, an official of school and mass education department said.
The accused headmaster had allegedly misbehaved with the 8th standard girl student on March 2. Though the matter was brought to the notice of local police through an FIR, the accused had gone unpunished.
Inaction on part of authorities concerned had forced the locals to take to agitation. Angry villagers, guardians and parents had demonstrated in front of the collectorate demanding stringent action against the errant headmaster.
“As the matter was brought to my notice, the administration apprised the school and mass education department higher ups of the purported incident. Later a joint inquiry has conducted to ascertain the veracity of the charges. The guilty teacher was suspended on the basis of probe findings,” Kendrapara Collector Durga Prasad Behera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites