Headmaster suspended for alleged molestation
Kendrapara: Headmaster of a government-run primary school in Odisha`s Kendrapara district has been placed under suspension on charge of allegedly molesting a girl student, officials said on Thursday.
Prafulla Kumar Swain, headmaster of Bodhgaon upper primary school under Pattamundai police limit was suspended after he was found guilty of committing the offence, an official of school and mass education department said.
The accused headmaster had allegedly misbehaved with the 8th standard girl student on March 2. Though the matter was brought to the notice of local police through an FIR, the accused had gone unpunished.
Inaction on part of authorities concerned had forced the locals to take to agitation. Angry villagers, guardians and parents had demonstrated in front of the collectorate demanding stringent action against the errant headmaster.
“As the matter was brought to my notice, the administration apprised the school and mass education department higher ups of the purported incident. Later a joint inquiry has conducted to ascertain the veracity of the charges. The guilty teacher was suspended on the basis of probe findings,” Kendrapara Collector Durga Prasad Behera said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha