Heavy rainfall in Odisha in the next 48 hrs: Met office
Bhubaneswar: Odisha was likely to experience heavy rainfall during the next 48 hours due to formation of a depression over Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining Northwest Bay of Bengal.
"Heavy rainfall at one or two places would occur in interior Odisha and heavy to very heavy rainfall at one or two places over Coastal Odisha during the next 48 hours," a bulletin issued by the MET office said.
Squally gusty surface wind speed between 50-60 kmph and 70 kmph would prevail along and off the Odisha Coast during next 48 hours, the bulletin said.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough during the same period, the sources said.
The system remained stationary over North Odisha and Jharkhand and lay centred near Latitude 22.00 North and Longitude 87.00 East about 55 km from Balasore, they said.
Local Cautionary Signal Number Three was kept hoisted in all the ports, revenue and disaster management sources said.
Fishermen were advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- PM Modi inaugurates new passenger trains for Northeast, says government sincere about development of region
- Champions League: WOAH! Fan splurges over Rs 9,00,000 for one football ticket!
- Vijay Mallya and his lavish lifestyle: Watch video
- Wow! Watch how Ambani family travels in style!
- JMM to field one candidate in Jharkhand RS poll