Heavy rainfall in Odisha in the next 48 hrs: Met office
Bhubaneswar: Odisha was likely to experience heavy rainfall during the next 48 hours due to formation of a depression over Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining Northwest Bay of Bengal.
"Heavy rainfall at one or two places would occur in interior Odisha and heavy to very heavy rainfall at one or two places over Coastal Odisha during the next 48 hours," a bulletin issued by the MET office said.
Squally gusty surface wind speed between 50-60 kmph and 70 kmph would prevail along and off the Odisha Coast during next 48 hours, the bulletin said.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough during the same period, the sources said.
The system remained stationary over North Odisha and Jharkhand and lay centred near Latitude 22.00 North and Longitude 87.00 East about 55 km from Balasore, they said.
Local Cautionary Signal Number Three was kept hoisted in all the ports, revenue and disaster management sources said.
Fishermen were advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university