Heavy rainfall in Odisha in the next 48 hrs: Met office
Bhubaneswar: Odisha was likely to experience heavy rainfall during the next 48 hours due to formation of a depression over Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining Northwest Bay of Bengal.
"Heavy rainfall at one or two places would occur in interior Odisha and heavy to very heavy rainfall at one or two places over Coastal Odisha during the next 48 hours," a bulletin issued by the MET office said.
Squally gusty surface wind speed between 50-60 kmph and 70 kmph would prevail along and off the Odisha Coast during next 48 hours, the bulletin said.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough during the same period, the sources said.
The system remained stationary over North Odisha and Jharkhand and lay centred near Latitude 22.00 North and Longitude 87.00 East about 55 km from Balasore, they said.
Local Cautionary Signal Number Three was kept hoisted in all the ports, revenue and disaster management sources said.
Fishermen were advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees