Heavy rainfall in Odisha in the next 48 hrs: Met office
Bhubaneswar: Odisha was likely to experience heavy rainfall during the next 48 hours due to formation of a depression over Gangetic West Bengal and adjoining Northwest Bay of Bengal.
"Heavy rainfall at one or two places would occur in interior Odisha and heavy to very heavy rainfall at one or two places over Coastal Odisha during the next 48 hours," a bulletin issued by the MET office said.
Squally gusty surface wind speed between 50-60 kmph and 70 kmph would prevail along and off the Odisha Coast during next 48 hours, the bulletin said.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough during the same period, the sources said.
The system remained stationary over North Odisha and Jharkhand and lay centred near Latitude 22.00 North and Longitude 87.00 East about 55 km from Balasore, they said.
Local Cautionary Signal Number Three was kept hoisted in all the ports, revenue and disaster management sources said.
Fishermen were advised not to venture into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression