Heavy rainfall likely in some parts of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Heavy rainfall accompanied by strong surface wind is likely to occur in parts of Odisha in next two days under the impact of a low pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal.
The low pressure area persisted over northwest Bay of Bengal off Odisha-Gangetic-West Bengal Coast, the meteorological centre said in Bhubaneswar on Sunday.
The low pressure is likely to trigger rain and thundershower at most places over Odisha while heavy to very heavy rainfall may occur at one or two places over south Odisha during the next two days, it said.
Heavy rainfall is expected over north Odisha during the period. Strong surface wind speed from northeasterly direction, reaching 45 to 55 kmph, may prevail along and off Odisha Coast.
Fishermen are advised not to venture into sea as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday