Heavy rainfall likely in some parts of Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Heavy rainfall accompanied by strong surface wind is likely to occur in parts of Odisha in next two days under the impact of a low pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal.
The low pressure area persisted over northwest Bay of Bengal off Odisha-Gangetic-West Bengal Coast, the meteorological centre said in Bhubaneswar on Sunday.
The low pressure is likely to trigger rain and thundershower at most places over Odisha while heavy to very heavy rainfall may occur at one or two places over south Odisha during the next two days, it said.
Heavy rainfall is expected over north Odisha during the period. Strong surface wind speed from northeasterly direction, reaching 45 to 55 kmph, may prevail along and off Odisha Coast.
Fishermen are advised not to venture into sea as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’