Heavy rainfall predicted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience heavy to very heavy rainfall in the next 48 hours under the influence of a cyclonic circulation, the Met office warned on Wednesday.
Stating that a low pressure area has been formed over Northwest Bay of Bengal and adjoining Coastal Odisha, it said southern region of the state may get more rainfall during the period.
Strong gusty surface wind speed reaching 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha Coast under the impact of the cyclonic circulation, the weatherman said.
Fishermen are advised to be cautious while venturing into the sea, said SC Kuila, a senior official at the Met centre here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand