Heavy rainfall predicted in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience heavy to very heavy rainfall in the next 48 hours under the influence of a cyclonic circulation, the Met office warned on Wednesday.
Stating that a low pressure area has been formed over Northwest Bay of Bengal and adjoining Coastal Odisha, it said southern region of the state may get more rainfall during the period.
Strong gusty surface wind speed reaching 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha Coast under the impact of the cyclonic circulation, the weatherman said.
Fishermen are advised to be cautious while venturing into the sea, said SC Kuila, a senior official at the Met centre here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred