Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in Kalahandi
Bhawanipatna: Heavy monsoon rain has caused flood-like situation in Odisha`s Kalahandi district, official sources said on Thursday.
Heavy downpour was reported in different places of the district with Thuamul-Rampur block recording rainfall of 310 mm, Kalampur-240 mm, Junagarh-215 mm and Jayaptna-204 mm during the last 24 hours ending at 8 am today, the sources said.
Due to flood in Hati river, traffic on National Highway 201 has been disrupted at Junagarh since afternoon. About three feet flood water is flowing over the bridge of Hati river near Junagarh, they said.
According to a report, low lying areas of Biripur and Matikhal of Kalampur block have been submerged by flood waters of Hati.
Due to heavy rain, road links to interior of Thuamul-Rampur block have been disturbed.
Road link to Singharighat connecting Thuamul-Rampur and Kalampur has been disrupted.
Further report on damages of private and government property is yet to be assessed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP