Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in Kalahandi
Bhawanipatna: Heavy monsoon rain has caused flood-like situation in Odisha`s Kalahandi district, official sources said on Thursday.
Heavy downpour was reported in different places of the district with Thuamul-Rampur block recording rainfall of 310 mm, Kalampur-240 mm, Junagarh-215 mm and Jayaptna-204 mm during the last 24 hours ending at 8 am today, the sources said.
Due to flood in Hati river, traffic on National Highway 201 has been disrupted at Junagarh since afternoon. About three feet flood water is flowing over the bridge of Hati river near Junagarh, they said.
According to a report, low lying areas of Biripur and Matikhal of Kalampur block have been submerged by flood waters of Hati.
Due to heavy rain, road links to interior of Thuamul-Rampur block have been disturbed.
Road link to Singharighat connecting Thuamul-Rampur and Kalampur has been disrupted.
Further report on damages of private and government property is yet to be assessed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'