Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in Kalahandi
Bhawanipatna: Heavy monsoon rain has caused flood-like situation in Odisha`s Kalahandi district, official sources said on Thursday.
Heavy downpour was reported in different places of the district with Thuamul-Rampur block recording rainfall of 310 mm, Kalampur-240 mm, Junagarh-215 mm and Jayaptna-204 mm during the last 24 hours ending at 8 am today, the sources said.
Due to flood in Hati river, traffic on National Highway 201 has been disrupted at Junagarh since afternoon. About three feet flood water is flowing over the bridge of Hati river near Junagarh, they said.
According to a report, low lying areas of Biripur and Matikhal of Kalampur block have been submerged by flood waters of Hati.
Due to heavy rain, road links to interior of Thuamul-Rampur block have been disturbed.
Road link to Singharighat connecting Thuamul-Rampur and Kalampur has been disrupted.
Further report on damages of private and government property is yet to be assessed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding