Heavy rains pound Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Rains pounded several parts of Odisha Wednesday under the influence of a well marked low pressure area over northwest Bay of Bengal and neighbourhood.
About 102 mm rainfall was recorded in Bhawanipatna up to noon, 56.3 mm in Jharsuguda, 51 mm in Koraput, 49 mm in Titlagarh, 46 mm in Keonjhar, 36.5 mm in Balasore and 24.1 mm in Gopalpur, the MeT office said.
Bhubaneswar received around 3.7 mm rainfall.
The weatherman said under the influence of the low pressure rain and thundershower would occur at most places over Odisha during the next 24 hours.
Isolated extremely heavy rainfall with heavy to very heavy rainfall at one or two places over interior Odisha and heavy rainfall at one or two places over coastal Odisha would occur during next 24 hours, the weatherman said.
Gusty surface wind speed reaching 35 to 45 kmph gusting to 55 kmph may prevail along and off Odisha Coast, the MeT office said advising fishermen to be cautious while venturing into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`