Heavy to very heavy rains likely in Odisha: MeT dept
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely in some places in Odisha over the coming two days, weather officials said on Thursday.
A low-pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal Odisha which developed yesterday has remained practically stationary, creating conditions for a wet spell, the meteorological centre here said.
Rain and thundershower is expected across Odisha under the impact of the low pressure, but heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely only at one or two places in the coming 48 hours.
Gusty surface wind speeds of between 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast and the MeT office has advised fishermen to be cautious while venturing out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming