Heavy to very heavy rains likely in Odisha: MeT dept
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely in some places in Odisha over the coming two days, weather officials said on Thursday.
A low-pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal Odisha which developed yesterday has remained practically stationary, creating conditions for a wet spell, the meteorological centre here said.
Rain and thundershower is expected across Odisha under the impact of the low pressure, but heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely only at one or two places in the coming 48 hours.
Gusty surface wind speeds of between 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast and the MeT office has advised fishermen to be cautious while venturing out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach