Heavy to very heavy rains likely in Odisha: MeT dept
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely in some places in Odisha over the coming two days, weather officials said on Thursday.
A low-pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal Odisha which developed yesterday has remained practically stationary, creating conditions for a wet spell, the meteorological centre here said.
Rain and thundershower is expected across Odisha under the impact of the low pressure, but heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely only at one or two places in the coming 48 hours.
Gusty surface wind speeds of between 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast and the MeT office has advised fishermen to be cautious while venturing out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI