Heavy to very heavy rains likely in Odisha: MeT dept
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely in some places in Odisha over the coming two days, weather officials said on Thursday.
A low-pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal Odisha which developed yesterday has remained practically stationary, creating conditions for a wet spell, the meteorological centre here said.
Rain and thundershower is expected across Odisha under the impact of the low pressure, but heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely only at one or two places in the coming 48 hours.
Gusty surface wind speeds of between 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast and the MeT office has advised fishermen to be cautious while venturing out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS