Heavy to very heavy rains likely in Odisha: MeT dept
Bhubaneswar: Heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely in some places in Odisha over the coming two days, weather officials said on Thursday.
A low-pressure area over north-west Bay of Bengal and adjoining coastal Odisha which developed yesterday has remained practically stationary, creating conditions for a wet spell, the meteorological centre here said.
Rain and thundershower is expected across Odisha under the impact of the low pressure, but heavy to very heavy rainfall is likely only at one or two places in the coming 48 hours.
Gusty surface wind speeds of between 40 to 50 kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast and the MeT office has advised fishermen to be cautious while venturing out to sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you