Hikaka leaves decision on quitting to CM
Bhubaneswar: Yet to take a decision on his possible resignation as the MLA of Laxmipur as decided in the Maoist`s `praja` court, Jhina Hikaka on Monday said he had left it to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"I have left it (matter of resignation) to the chief minister whether to continue as the MLA of Laxmipur. I have not taken any decision on my own in this regard so far," he told reporters after meeting Patnaik here.
Hikaka, who was released from Maoist captivity after spending 33 days as a hostage on condition that he would resign as the MLA and severe ties with the ruling BJD, met the chief minister for the second time after getting freedom.
He had met Patnaik on April 30 after being released on April 26.
Asked about the chief minister`s decision on his resignation issue, Hikaka said "he is going on a foreign tour from May 22. A decision in this regard will be taken after his return."
Noting that he is still working as an MLA of tribal dominated Laxmipur, Hikaka said, "I love the people of my constituency and will like to return to Laximpur at an appropriate time."
"I have absolute faith in the chief minister. He will take a decision regarding the possible resignation," Hikaka said adding he was yet to overcome the mental trauma due to his over a month long stay in jungle amid ultras.
The chief minister also enquired about the health condition of Hikaka`s mother and studies of two minor sons. The MLA was accompanied by his wife Kausalya and two sons.
"Why should anyone including Hikaka who is elected democratically ever resign under pressure? I do not believe in that at all," Patnaik had earlier stated.
The Maoists deadline for Hikaka to resign from the post of MLA ended on May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray