Hike in bus fares in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The government of Odisha on Saturday announced a hike in the bus fares by four to seven paise per km with effect from Sunday.
The decision comes days after the state bus owners association demanded a revision of the fares in view of the recent hike in diesel and petrol prices and threatened to go on strike if their demands were not met.
The high power committee of the state government Saturday hiked the ordinary bus fares to 59 paise per km from 55 paise, a senior official of the state transport department told a news agency.
Similarly the fares for express, deluxe and super deluxe buses have been raised from 58, 76 and 93 paise to 62, 82 and one rupee respectively, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!