Hike in bus fares in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The government of Odisha on Saturday announced a hike in the bus fares by four to seven paise per km with effect from Sunday.
The decision comes days after the state bus owners association demanded a revision of the fares in view of the recent hike in diesel and petrol prices and threatened to go on strike if their demands were not met.
The high power committee of the state government Saturday hiked the ordinary bus fares to 59 paise per km from 55 paise, a senior official of the state transport department told a news agency.
Similarly the fares for express, deluxe and super deluxe buses have been raised from 58, 76 and 93 paise to 62, 82 and one rupee respectively, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured