Hike in bus fares in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The government of Odisha on Saturday announced a hike in the bus fares by four to seven paise per km with effect from Sunday.
The decision comes days after the state bus owners association demanded a revision of the fares in view of the recent hike in diesel and petrol prices and threatened to go on strike if their demands were not met.
The high power committee of the state government Saturday hiked the ordinary bus fares to 59 paise per km from 55 paise, a senior official of the state transport department told a news agency.
Similarly the fares for express, deluxe and super deluxe buses have been raised from 58, 76 and 93 paise to 62, 82 and one rupee respectively, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir