Holi revelry death: Toll rises to 14 in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: With the death of four more persons during Holi revelry in Odisha, the toll due to mishaps while celebrating the festival mounted to 14 on Friday, police said.
Two bodies were recovered Friday from Bhargavi river near here, while two persons drowned yesterday while bathing after celebrating the festival of colours in Rayagada and Nuapada districts, they said.
Three youths died while taking bath in Bhargavi and one in Daya river on the outskirts of the state capital city, two persons died in Cuttack Road and Nayaplai areas here.
While two persons died in Kendrapara district after being swept away by river water, there were reports of two deaths due to drowning in Nayagarh and Ganjam districts, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India