Holi revelry death: Toll rises to 14 in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: With the death of four more persons during Holi revelry in Odisha, the toll due to mishaps while celebrating the festival mounted to 14 on Friday, police said.
Two bodies were recovered Friday from Bhargavi river near here, while two persons drowned yesterday while bathing after celebrating the festival of colours in Rayagada and Nuapada districts, they said.
Three youths died while taking bath in Bhargavi and one in Daya river on the outskirts of the state capital city, two persons died in Cuttack Road and Nayaplai areas here.
While two persons died in Kendrapara district after being swept away by river water, there were reports of two deaths due to drowning in Nayagarh and Ganjam districts, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata