Homage paid to CRPF personnel killed in Maoist attack
Visakhapatnam: Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF) Subhash Joshi, and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) offcers and Andhra Pradesh police paid homage to BSF personnel of the 161 Battalion, killed in a Maoist ambush in Odisha on Tuesday.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Jaswanth Singh (Punjab), Head Constables Surender Singh (Himachal Pradesh), Veerendra Prasad (Uttar Pradesh) and Constable Guruoodyal Singh (Madhya Pradesh) were killed in a Maoist ambush in Odisha yesterday.
A galaxy of officials like CRPF Commandant (198 Battalion) Nisheet Kumar, Superintendent of Police (Visakha Rural) Vikram Jeet Duggal, ASP (Narsipatnam) Vishal Gunni and many officials of BSF, CRPF and AP Police paid their tributes to the slain BSF personnel, who were killed when Maoists blasted a landmine planted under a culvert and blew up a BSF vehicle in Sunki valley on National Highway 26 at Kauguntha and Sakarai village junction under Pottangi police station limits in Koraput district.
Four personnel died on the spot, while two who were critically injured are being treated at a Seven Hills private hospital in Visakhapatnam.
Bodies of the four personnel were brought to King George Hospital in the city last night and embalmed bodies packed in coffins were shifted to the airport, where security forces laid wreaths and sprinkled flowers on each coffin.
BSF officials said that bodies of killed personnel were loaded on a Wednesday afternoon flight and sent to their hometowns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out