Hooch tragedy: Singdeo`s portfolios distributed
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday entrusted charge of the Excise portfolio held by AU Singhdeo who resigned yesterday over the hooch tragedy to Sharada Prasad Nayak.
Nayak, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Development(Independent Charge) was given additional charge of Excise, sources in the Chief Minister`s office said.
The Planning and Coordination portfolio, which was also held by Singhdeo, was given as additional charge to Handloom & Textiles and Science & Technology Minister Usha Devi.
Usha Devi`s Science & Technology portfolio was entrusted as additional charge to Food Supply and Consumer Welfare Minister Niranjan Pujary.
The hooch tragedy in Cuttack and Khurda districts has claimed 33 lives so far with the BJD government coming under severe attack as opposition parties including Congress and BJP have been demanding the resignation of the Chief Minister besides the excise minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'