Houses torched in Athagarh political violence
Cuttack: At least 11 houses were set on fire following a clash between ruling BJD and opposition Congress activists in Athagarh of Cuttack district as the assembly segment will go for by-polls on March 18.
Police said the houses were set aflame at Radhakishorepur under Khuntuni police station area following the clash yesterday.
A large number of Congress workers led by party candidate for the polls Suresh Chandra Mohapatra later gheraoed the police station alleging BJD sympathisers were behind the incident.
The incident followed the clash between rival BJD and Congress activists at Joranda village under the block on Thursday last leading to the injury of at least seven persons from the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly