Houses torched in Athagarh political violence
Cuttack: At least 11 houses were set on fire following a clash between ruling BJD and opposition Congress activists in Athagarh of Cuttack district as the assembly segment will go for by-polls on March 18.
Police said the houses were set aflame at Radhakishorepur under Khuntuni police station area following the clash yesterday.
A large number of Congress workers led by party candidate for the polls Suresh Chandra Mohapatra later gheraoed the police station alleging BJD sympathisers were behind the incident.
The incident followed the clash between rival BJD and Congress activists at Joranda village under the block on Thursday last leading to the injury of at least seven persons from the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state