Huge cache of explosives recovered in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): In two separate incidents, huge cache of explosives planted by Maoists were on Monday recovered in Odisha`s Koraput district by security personnel belonging to BSF and Odisha police.
According to police, a search operation was launched on Siriguda-Dandabadi road under Narayanpatna police limits this morning and the explosives, kept in a steel container and left half-buried in a bushy area, was recovered.
"We recovered the live explosives near Siriguda village. There was around 30 kg of Impoverished Explosive Devices (IED) in the steel pot. The Maoists had planted the explosives targeting the security men engaged in anti-Naxalite operations," SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar said.
The explosives were defused at the spot as it was risky to transport them to the headquarters, he added.
In another incident, securitymen recovered 132 gelatin sticks, one claymore mine, three pairs of Maoist uniforms and Naxal literature from Naranga forest under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement