Huge cache of explosives recovered in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): In two separate incidents, huge cache of explosives planted by Maoists were on Monday recovered in Odisha`s Koraput district by security personnel belonging to BSF and Odisha police.
According to police, a search operation was launched on Siriguda-Dandabadi road under Narayanpatna police limits this morning and the explosives, kept in a steel container and left half-buried in a bushy area, was recovered.
"We recovered the live explosives near Siriguda village. There was around 30 kg of Impoverished Explosive Devices (IED) in the steel pot. The Maoists had planted the explosives targeting the security men engaged in anti-Naxalite operations," SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar said.
The explosives were defused at the spot as it was risky to transport them to the headquarters, he added.
In another incident, securitymen recovered 132 gelatin sticks, one claymore mine, three pairs of Maoist uniforms and Naxal literature from Naranga forest under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?