I am not an enemy of Orissa: Jairam Ramesh
Bhubaneswar: Union Environment Minister
Jairam Ramesh on Wednesday said that he was not an enemy of Orissa
regretting that the media did not see the positive side of
"It is unfortunate that my media friends highlight
`nos` of my ministry and do not see positive side of the
things. I am not against the state," Ramesh said during the
inauguration of North East Bio-diversity gallery at the
Regional Museum of Natural History, where Chief Minister
Naveen Patnaik was also present.
"Many media friends were at the airport today. As
soon as I landed here, they asked me questions on Posco. Posco
is not all about Orissa. The state has a lot more things
other than Posco," he said.
Ramesh did not take questions from the media on Posco
or any other matter.
"Though I do not know the language, I am very much
sensitive to the extraordinary tradition and culture of
Orissa," Ramesh said, adding that his day started by listening
to Oriya singer Pandit Raghunath Panigrahi`s Geet Govinda.
He claimed that the state has greatly benefited from
the MoEF and many central projects were started first in
The ruling BJD had last year launched its `Save Orissa
Campaign` blaming Ramesh for clearance to the multi-purpose
Polavaram project in Andhra Pradesh while rejecting the mining
proposal for Vedanta`s alumina refinery here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation