IAF chopper comes under naxal attack in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals fired upon an Indian Air
Force helicopter which had been sent to help the police-CRPF
operation in Dantewada district, official sources said.
As per the official information reaching here today, five
jawans who were inside and the pilot were safe, though the
helicopter was hit by nine rounds in the incident on Monday.
The MI-17 chopper of IAF had been sent to assist the
police and CRPF forces which had undertaken a large-scale
operation against naxals on December 18.
While returning, the chopper came under naxal fire over a
hill, though it succeeded in reaching Jagdalpur safely.
The helicopter did not suffer any damage, the sources
During the operation, nine naxals were arrested and large
cache of weapons was seized, senior police officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi