IAF chopper comes under naxal attack in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals fired upon an Indian Air
Force helicopter which had been sent to help the police-CRPF
operation in Dantewada district, official sources said.
As per the official information reaching here today, five
jawans who were inside and the pilot were safe, though the
helicopter was hit by nine rounds in the incident on Monday.
The MI-17 chopper of IAF had been sent to assist the
police and CRPF forces which had undertaken a large-scale
operation against naxals on December 18.
While returning, the chopper came under naxal fire over a
hill, though it succeeded in reaching Jagdalpur safely.
The helicopter did not suffer any damage, the sources
During the operation, nine naxals were arrested and large
cache of weapons was seized, senior police officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31