IAF chopper comes under naxal attack in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals fired upon an Indian Air
Force helicopter which had been sent to help the police-CRPF
operation in Dantewada district, official sources said.
As per the official information reaching here today, five
jawans who were inside and the pilot were safe, though the
helicopter was hit by nine rounds in the incident on Monday.
The MI-17 chopper of IAF had been sent to assist the
police and CRPF forces which had undertaken a large-scale
operation against naxals on December 18.
While returning, the chopper came under naxal fire over a
hill, though it succeeded in reaching Jagdalpur safely.
The helicopter did not suffer any damage, the sources
During the operation, nine naxals were arrested and large
cache of weapons was seized, senior police officers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'