IAF chopper comes under naxal attack in Dantewada
Raipur: Naxals fired upon an Indian Air
Force helicopter which had been sent to help the police-CRPF
operation in Dantewada district, official sources said.
As per the official information reaching here today, five
jawans who were inside and the pilot were safe, though the
helicopter was hit by nine rounds in the incident on Monday.
The MI-17 chopper of IAF had been sent to assist the
police and CRPF forces which had undertaken a large-scale
operation against naxals on December 18.
While returning, the chopper came under naxal fire over a
hill, though it succeeded in reaching Jagdalpur safely.
The helicopter did not suffer any damage, the sources
During the operation, nine naxals were arrested and large
cache of weapons was seized, senior police officers said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times