IAP failed in its basic aim in Left-wing extremism districts: CAG
Bhubaneswar: The Integrated Act Plan (IAP) has failed in its basic aim of filling the critical gap in development of Left-wing extremism affected districts, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has said.
"Programme implementation was marred by abandonment of projects after partial execution, non-implementation of skill development and livelihood programmes for unemployed youths and non-prioritisation of LWE affected areas in allocation of resources," CAG said in its report on general and social sector for the year ended March 2012.
Odisha government, which received Rs 915 crore from the Centre for implementation of IAP programme, could utilise only Rs 564.75 crore (62 percent) upto March 31, 2012, the report said, adding that the proposals sent by district and block level officers of different departments were approved without pre-evaluating the intended outcome.
Shelf of projects were prepared without identifying critical gaps in infrastructure and services of LWEs hit area. Bottom up as well as participatory planning approach for identification of projects and assessment of need was totally absent, the report said.
Stating that LWE affected areas were not given priority, the CAG pointed out that altogether 5698 of the 8040 projects were approved by eight district level committees (DLCs) for execution in LWE areas in 2012.
While the project sanctioned by DLCs of Gajapati, Koraput, Malkangiri and Sundargarh ranged from 74 to 100 percent, sanctioned projects in other four districts like Kalahandi, Nuapada, Rayagada and Subarnapur ranged from 21 to 64 percent involving estimated outlay of 27 to 60 percent only for LWE areas, it said.
The CAG also identified inadequate physical inspection of the work sites under IAP though Planning Commission and the state government were periodically monitoring the programme.
"Transparency in execution of projects as well as quality control was not ensured. Implementation and monitoring of the programme was finance centric rather than deliverable specific," the CAG said in its observation after the audit of the IAP programme.
The programme was implemented in 60 selected tribal and backward districts of the country including 18 in Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened