IAS association seeks public support for collector`s release
Bhubaneswar: Voicing concern over the
abduction of Malkangiri district Collector R V Krishna by
Maoists, Orissa IAS officers Association on Friday urged the state
government, civil societies and public to take all possible
steps for safe and early release of the young officer.
The association in an urgent meeting here expressed
concern over the incident. A four-member delegation led by
association secretary U P Singh, met chief secretary B K
Patanik and home secretary U N Behera.
While lauding the pro-poor activities of Krishna, the
association pointed out how the developmental works had
progressed in Maoist hotbed of Malkangiri.
The association also praised Krishna`s works during
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way